Wednesday, April 2, 2008

37

I cannot believe it. Some Obama advance person thought their candidate could bond with blue collar and no collar Pennsylvania voters by bowling a few frames. I think they failed to ask their candidate if he had ever bowled before. Yeah, Obama can shoot hoops. He's got game. But, jeez, the guy cannot bowl.

When my daughter was six years old she rolled the ball between her legs and scored more than 37!

37 is ridiculous!! The guy threw gutter ball after gutter ball. I am so embarrassed. He is my main man. I am a fervent Obama supporter. The guy exhibits grace under fire. He is elegant and lionine and is wonderfully comfortable in his skin. But, he can't bowl.

Where were the inflatable bumpers for the gutters? They should have brought out the inflatable bumpers they use for the bowling birthday parties. And what about the ball? Maybe that 16 pounder was too heavy. Maybe they should have had him bowling with a 12 pound girls ball.

Memo to Obama Advance Staff. Never let your candidate bowl again. Please. I have been taking crap the past two days from my friends who still support Clinton. The assail me with that score of 37 and rock me back on my heels. It takes me a moment to recover and start squealing, "Bosnia, Bosnia! Better bowling than Bosnia!"

But, bowling is so central, that I am not sure that even Clinton's Bosnian prevarication outweighs a 37!

No comments: