Friday, September 5, 2008

"Is he dead yet?"

McCain is one of the most horrible speakers. He was so stiff and flat last night. Only during the 5000th telling of his POW experience did he evince anything approximating human life form.

He moves very stiffly. His face is also stiff and has a mask like quality. He does not smile with ease. I have been wondering if there is some disease process at work.
Admittedly he had a tough time in Hanoi, recovering from his plane crash wounds and broken bones. I am seeing something else, however, which seems to have to do with muscularity and neuromuscular activity. A thought kept coursing through my brain, "Is he dead yet?"

While they will never let us know, I am wondering if he has Parkinson's Disease. The stiffness and the mask are symptoms of Parkinson's. I have earlier posted my thoughts regarding McCain's early on-set dementia. Maybe there is more?

The speech itself was horrible. Who wrote that tripe? I thought the Republicans had been in charge of the Congress and the White House for the overwhelming majority of recent memory. Did I miss something. No new ideas.

It is pretty funny. McCain will play the moderate maverick and Palin will throw red meat to the mouth breathing base. The base (including Palin) does not understand that the powers that be in the Republican Party do not give a shit about them. The mouth breathing base votes against its self interest...but they are so clueless as to not understand anything approximating nuance.

As for my suspicions regarding McCain's disease state, it may just be a reflection of the sclerotic Republican view of the world.

No comments: