Sunday, May 11, 2008

Clinton Rage

I have been thinking recently about what it is that drives Hillary. What is the primary motivator that drives her behavior. Friends have said it is power. They say it is her desire for power.
I don't think so. I think the desire for power is a manifestation of the primary motivator.
I feel that Hillary's primary motivator is rage.

In my experience, most of human behavior can be ascribed to the baser emotions. Fear is a primary motivator. In Hillary's case, when I watch and listen to her, I hear the underlying rage.

She has spent most of her adult life playing second fiddle to Bill Clinton. That, alone, without his numerous indiscretions, would cause the accumulation of a fair amount of anger. Add to that his numerous and continuing indiscretions, about which she can do nothing whatsoever, and the anger gathers into a powerful rage. Her own ambitions have been attached to his star. Now that she has the chance for independent flight he holds her back once again. He is uncontrollable.

She has paid her dues for many years. The ultimate payoff was to be the Presidency. Now, to be inhibited in her plan by a young upstart and the weight of her past, the rage is incalculable.

Hillary is also a vehicle for the rage of her supporters. She gives voice not only to her own rage, but to the accumulated rage of women of her generation and older, working class whites and those, undereducated, who have been by-passed by the illusive American Dream.

I don't denigrate the rage, only observe it and know that it is real.

No comments: