Monday, October 29, 2012

This political season has been mind-numbing. The primary campaign on the Republican side was comprised of the seven dwarfs...idiots all. Willard Mitt Romney, the Mormon with the magic underwear and the 180 position pivot on every issue that mattered to the hard right Tea Party was the inevitable nominee...as he was the most reasonable of a very sorry crowd. While Obama has disappointed the most rabid progressives he has done an admirable job on most issues and is undeniably smart. In fact, he may be his intelligence which causes him most of his difficulties...as his internal dialogue is no doubt: "Do I really have to deal with these idiots....with no intellectual integrity and no pragmatic sense of what is good for America?" His Denver debate performance underscored that tendency. I haven't posted this season...it just seemed too ridiculous to point out the obvious. But, I have heard people, otherwise fairly decent straight forward folks say they were voting for Romney...usually by repeating some canard from the Republican right about the economy. I have voted early...and I voted for Obama. I gave Romney no consideration whatsoever. How people could vote for Obama four years ago and not this time I will never understand....other than their vote was, sadly, uninformed on both occasions. The New Yorker has endorsed Obama. As a reader of that elite publication I feel confirmed in my vote. They put well the reasons for another Obama term. The reasons are many: http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2012/10/29/121029taco_talk_editors More later...

No comments: